Tuesday 8 April 2014

Satellite Studio Artist Collective

Exciting News has arrived along with this spring weather! The Satellite Studio Artist Collective (myself, Marianne Kyryluk, Sam Shahsahabi, and Riaz Mehmood) are recipients of an OAC Visual Arts Project grant! Looking forward to transforming 12A St. Paul St. in Thunder Bay into an interactive installation of everyday objects along with mechanical and technological components that responds to the actions created by audience members. The project will be complete for Urban Infill 2015, can't wait! This is a project I've been dreaming of for the past..three years. It's nice to feel your dreams coming into fruition. :) Here are some pictures from "S.I.G.N.A.L.S." a wearable art piece that the Satellite Studio collective created for this years Derelicte. (A wearable art fundraiser for Definitely Superior Artist Run Centre). Modelled by Me. :)

S.I.G.N.A.L.S. was also modelled at Definitely Superior's 2014 
Urban Infill Art in the Core 8.  
Modelled by me, at Art's Gallery next door to Satellite Studio.  
Due to the change of venue (Derelicte was in a bar, although none of these are stage shots),
I wanted to make the outfit a little more tasteful for that bright gallery light and also keep warm for the three hours I modelled.  Thus, I wore my Mummu's fox around my neck, which also added an interesting element to the piece.  I also wore my grandmothers earrings. 



Interested in viewing more wearable art /art projects by local artists involved in Urban Infill or Derelicte?
Visit Definitely Superior Art Gallery online:

No comments:

Post a Comment