Saturday 4 October 2014

Packing for Toronto!

Pike Lake Forge has been creating up a storm, preparing for the upcoming Craft Ontario Show in Toronto! http://www.craftontario.com/membership-programs/craft-show.html
Here's a sample of some of the artwork coming along for the ride:


Industrial Flower.                                                            Flora: Steel Mirror...

Bottle Openers.... we'll have Cork Screws too!


Fiddlehead: Steel mirror.

It'll be nice to bring  a couple of my Babies along with. I'd done these two so long ago, and are definite precursor to my diving into working primarily with metal. I would imitate metal surfaces using plaster, concrete, and acrylic paint and wood:

Rusting Rock, Plaster, acrylic paint and angle iron.


Rust Abstract, steel, concrete and acrylic on wood.

Pike Lake Forge creates many useful items for the home/cottage!



And last but not least, copper roses. I love making flowers.

I am a multidisciplinary artist with a strong focus on metalwork.  For years, I practiced the art of drawing and painting en-plein-air; recording the sun set and rise.  Now, as I manipulate steel using a torch or forge, I transform this element of light/sun I was once studying in my paintings and drawings into the actual tool I use to create my artwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment